The countdown officially begins! The Parliamentary Debate Competition hosted by See Change Education is an international competition with over 200 delegates from the Greater Bay and Belt & Road regions! The
The countdown officially begins! The Parliamentary Debate Competition hosted by See Change Education is an international competition with over 200 delegates from the Greater Bay and Belt & Road regions! The online event will be an exciting opportunity for all participants to compete and meet with peers from around the world at a time where physical interactions are limited.
The tournament is part of the American Parliamentary Debate Association circuit and features 3 categories – Primary, Middle School, and High School. Everyone, including beginners and advanced debaters alike, is welcome to participate, as novelist and advance participants would be divided into a separate league.
Schedule (all times are in Hong Kong Standard Time):
7:00am Registration Opens
7:45am Registration Cut-Off (Participants will not be allowed to register and join the competition beyond this time)
8:30-9:00am Welcome Meeting and Rules
9:00-10:00am Round 1
10:00-11:00am Round 2
11:00am -12:00pm Finals Round (everyone is encouraged to watch the Finals Round! Finals teams are determined by the 2 highest-scoring teams.)
1st-4th Place Best Speaker Overall (American Parliamentary Debate Association circuit)
1st-4th Place Top Team (American Parliamentary Debate Association circuit)
1. Judge will reveal the Resolution.
2. Judge will flip a coin to decide which side each team is on.
3. Each team decides for themselves who would like to be the First and Second speaker.
4. First Proposition speaker is in charge of defining the terms in the resolution.
5. No points of information (POI’s) allowed.
6. Times indicated per speech are maximums with a 30 second grace period. There is no minimum time you must meet.
7. Order and timing are as follows (adjusted from traditional Parliamentary timing.):
15 minutes prep time with your partner in the breakout room
First Proposition Speech: 4 min
First Opposition Speech: 5 min
Second Proposition Speech: 5 min
Second Opposition Speech: 5 min
Opposition Rebuttal: 3 min
Proposition Rebuttal: 4 min
(Sunday) 08:30 - 12:30